The Pitt Men’s Study would like to remind our volunteers and the community at large that protecting yourself from getting COVID-19 is not only a way to safeguard your own health but also important in protecting everyone you come in contact with.
The best way to prevent COVID-19 (coronavirus) infection is to follow the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Wash your hands with soap and water, for 20 seconds
- Hand sanitizer must contain at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and others.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue
- Throw used tissue in the trash
- Immediately wash your hands or use hand sanitizer
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
- Wear a mask ONLY if you are sick or caring for someone who is sick
Remember, older adults and people with underlying chronic illness are at higher risk for serious complications from COVID-19 illness. Please call your healthcare provider if you have any of the following symptoms: Cough, fever, shortness of breath.
More information can be found on the CDC websites: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications.html#Have-supplies-on-hand
For local, Health Department information go to: https://www.alleghenycounty.us/Health-Department/Resources/COVID-19/COVID-19.aspx